Loban or Gum Benzoin is a fragrant balsamic resin obtained from the bark of several species of trees in the genus Styrax. Crystals of Loban are burnt in places of worship throughout the Indian sub-continent for the holy, sanctified atmosphere the smoke creates.The fragrant smoke of Loban serves as an excellent insect repellant and fumigant. The name “benzoin” is probably derived from the Arabic “Luban Jawi”, which means the “Frankincense of Java”, because it was brought from Indonesia. Most Benzoin is now grown in Sumatra. In India “Luban Jawi” is widely known as Loban.
It helps us in preventing and curing the following:
- It also provides relief in situations where the patient is afflicted with pox, rashes, measles and other skin diseases.
- It is effective in fighting against the bacteria in throat which cause coughing.
- It provides excellent skin care through its astringent property which tightens the skin, thus reducing wrinkles.
- It has an appealing, sweet smell resembling vanilla which works as a stimulant to provide relief against depression.
Loban Spl, Lobaan, Lobhan, Benzl
- For Natural Taste & Freshness, Keep it in cool and dry place.
- Avoid direct Sunlight & Do not Refrigerate.
- Store the contents in an Airtight Container after opening the package.
- All herbal medicine should be used under Medical Supervision only.